Your Late Night Connection to Expo
Blue at Night, your late night, weekend connection to Expo. Big Blue Bus has partnered with Lyft to provide on-demand;ride service to/from all three Santa Monica Expo stations (26th Street/Bergamot, 17th Street/SMC, Downtown Santa Monica) for just$3 every Friday and Saturday, from 8pm to 3am.
How it Works
Here's how to request a ride on Lyft with Blue at Night, in just 3 easy steps:
Download the "Lyft" mobile app from Google Play (Android) or the App Store (iPhone). Open the app during service hours (Friday - Saturday, 8pm - 3am). Tap your photo in the top left and enter promo code SAMOBLUE3. Next, select 'Lyft' as your ride type.
Request a pickup from any of the three Santa Monica Expo stations (26th Street/Bergamot, 17th Street/SMC, or Downtown Santa Monica), to any location within the designated Santa Monica service area (see map). Wait at your desired pickup location within the designated station area (see the Lyft app).
Request a pickup from any location within the designated Santa Monica service area (see map), to one of the three Santa Monica Expo stations. Wait at your desired pickup location.
Arrive at your final destination. A $3 charge will be applied to your default payment method on the app (credit, debit, or prepaid card, PayPal, Apple Pay, or Android Pay). Enjoy your ride!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Blue at Night?
- Blue at Night is a late night, on-demand ride service, connecting you to the 26th Street/Bergamot, 17th Street/SMC, and Downtown Santa Monica Expo Line stations.
2. How do I request a ride from Blue at Night?
- To request a ride on Lyft, open the app during service hours (Friday - Saturday, 8pm - 3am). Tap your photo in the top left and enter promo code SAMOBLUE3. Next, select 'Lyft' as your ride type, enter your pickup and dropoff locations, and then tap 'Request Lyft.'
3. What is the designated service area?
4. How much does it cost?
Each one-way trip (one origin and one destination) costs $3, within the designated Santa Monica service area, as long as the trip begins or ends at one of the three Santa Monica Expo stations (26th Street/Bergamot, 17th Street/SMC Station, or Downtown Santa Monica). Supplemental charges may apply, such as $3 for each additional stop within the designated Santa Monica service area.
Rides on Lyft will be automatically charged to the default payment method specified on the app (credit, debit, or prepaid card, PayPal, Apple Pay, or Android Pay).
5. What type of credit cards do you accept?
Lyft accepts all major credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. Additionally, Lyft accepts debit and prepaid cards, as well as PayPal, Apple Pay, and Android Pay.
6. Do I need to tip the driver?
Tipping is not necessary.
7. Do I have to share the ride with any other passengers?
You will never be asked to share your ride with strangers, and up to three (3) in your party may ride for the price of one (1).
8. How long will the Lyft driver wait for me?
Lyft drivers will only wait 5 minutes from time of arrival.
9. What is the time of your last pickup?
The last pickup will be at 2:40am.
12. I am traveling with children; do I need to provide a car seat or booster seat?
Lyft abides by California law, which states children under the age of eight (8) must be secured in a car seat or booster seat in the back seat. Lyft vehicles are NOT equipped with a car seat or booster seat and you must bring your own. Children who are eight (8) years of age, or have reached 4' 9" in height, must be secured by a safety belt in the back seat.
13. Can I bring a pet on board a Lyft vehicle?
No. However, drivers are required by law to transport service animals.
14. Why must all trips begin or end at one of the three Santa Monica Expo stations?
Blue at Night was designed to provide late-night, first-last mile connections to the Expo Line for Santa Monica residents, visitors, and workers.
15. How do I contact the driver?
You can contact your Lyft driver directly, by placing a call or sending a text message through the app.
16. Can I make a reservation for a vehicle in advance?
Rides on Lyft can be scheduled up to 7 days in advance. Please note that scheduled rides can be canceled at any time, but you will be charged a $10 cancellation fee, should you cancel within 30-minutes of a driver's scheduled arrival.
17. Can I establish a recurring reservation for a vehicle?
18. Do drivers assist with luggage?
Yes. However, they will only assist with small luggage.
19. Does Blue at Night offer door-to-door service?
No. Lyft drivers only offer curb-to-curb service.
20. I was not happy with the service, how do I file a report?
For Lyft, you can anonymously rate your driver through the app, based on their navigation, safety, cleanliness, and friendliness. Should you need to file a report with Lyft Customer Care, please dial 855-865-9553.
21. Is there a limit on the number of Blue at Night trips I can take on Lyft?
You can take up to twenty (20) Blue at Night trips on Lyft per month during service hours.