In observance of Independence Day, Big Blue Bus will operate a Sunday schedule on Thursday, July 4.
Blue: The Transit Store and Customer Service will be closed. Normal hours will resume on Friday, July 5.
- Route 41 will not serve Santa Monica College Performing Arts Center.
- Rapids 3, 7 and 10, and Routes 5, 15, 16, 42, 43, and 44 & Expo Line Express Shuttle will not be in service.
- Multiple routes will be on detour throughout the day.
- Hilgard Terminal will be closed. Routes 1, 2, 8, and 17 will serve Charles E. Young/P2 Hub. See below for alternate boarding locations.
- Rapid 12 and Route 18 service will serve Gateway Plaza as usual.
Routes 1, 2, 8, and 17 end at Charles E. Young/P2 Hub. Please disembark at the following stops:
- NB Westwood Blvd. at Weyburn Ave.
- NB Westwood Plaza at Jules Stein Eye Center
- Charles E. Young/P2 Hub
Please note the following stop closures:
- NB Westwood Blvd. at Le Conte Ave.
- EB Le Conte Ave. at Tiverton Dr.
- NB Hilgard Ave. at Manning Ave. and Westholme Ave.
- Hilgard Terminal
To Santa Monica
Routes 1, 2, 8, and 17 begin on Charles E. Young Dr., between Westholme Ave. and Manning Ave. You may also board at the following stop:
- SB Hilgard Ave. at Westholme Ave.
Please note the following stop closure:
Big Blue Bus operates a modified schedule on the holidays listed below. On all other holidays, use the regular schedule.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents Day
- Cesar E. Chavez Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day