bus arrival information! This offers our customers a convenient new tool for getting around town. Real-time arrival information can be accessed in a variety of ways:
Little Blue Book
Big Blue Bus publishes the Little Blue Book (PDF), which contains individual line schedules and maps. Paper copies include a large removable system map!
Find them while supplies last:
- On our buses
- Blue: The Transit Store (1444 4th Street, Santa Monica),
- At libraries and senior centers in Santa Monica
- For purchase online
The Little Blue Book is designed to provide riders with the information they need at a glance. The printed version of the book is designed to be small but durable, making it a perfect addition to a backpack or work briefcase.
Back To Top
We offer riders the ability to plan trips through Google Transit! Google Transit is a part of Google Maps. With the help of Google Transit, even complicated trips can be planned out easily with just a few clicks.
Directions for using Google Transit:
- Begin by opening Google Maps on your computer, or download the free Google Maps app on your smartphone.
- Then, click or tap the directions icon, indicated with a blue arrow.
3. Next, click or tap the Transit icon, indicated by a bus logo.
4. Enter a starting point and destination. Many points of interest are already saved in the Google Maps system, so suggestions for popular locations may be provided as you type the locations in the appropriate fields.
5. After your origin and destination are entered into the system, Google Transit will display detailed, step-by-step directions for using transit to reach your destination. This information will include the next scheduled bus departure time as well as directions for any walking that is needed to complete your trip.
6. The schedule explorer feature also allows riders to customize aspects of their trip, such as the desired departure date and time, arrival date and time, and routing preferences (such as whether the fastest route, the route with the lowest number of transfers, or the route with minimal walking is preferred).
Alternatively, riders can click on a blue bus stop icon (visible when zooming in on the map) to see which routes stop there and upcoming vehicle arrival times.
Back To Top