The Rams are back in Los Angeles - Go carless to the Coliseum with Big Blue Bus!
With traffic delays, street closures, and parking costs upwards of $100, getting to the game can be an expensive and frustrating experience. Here are the X's and O's to scoring a hassle-free ride to the Rams, for just $4 round-trip on Big Blue Bus and Expo.
Riding Big Blue Bus
With connections to the Expo Line on every route, Big Blue Bus provides fast and easy access between the Westside and the Coliseum. Google Transit is a helpful way to plan your trip on Big Blue Bus and Expo. Prior to kickoff, here are a few tips to keep in mind when riding Big Blue Bus:
Note: If paying with cash, please have your fare ready prior to boarding the bus. Big Blue Bus passes are not valid on Metro Bus or Rail, or other transit agencies.
- Please pay your fare when boarding the bus:
- There are three (3) convenient ways to pay:
- TAP Card: Tap your card loaded with a Big Blue Bus pass or Stored Value on the validator. You can easily purchase and load a TAP card online at taptogo.net.
- Pass: Swipe your Big Blue Bus paper pass at the farebox.
- Cash: Insert the correct amount of cash/coins into the farebox. Big Blue Bus does not issue change.
While on Board
- Eating and drinking are not permitted on board, but food and non-alcoholic beverages may be transported in covered cups or containers.
- For the safety of all riders, flammable items cannot be brought on board.
- Rams horns can be brought on board, but must remain clear of the aisle at all times.
When heading to/from the Coliseum on Big Blue Bus and Expo, you'll want to be sure to purchase an "interagency transfer" (also known as IAT). IATs allow you to board an additional bus or rail line to complete your trip, without paying the full fare for the second leg (click here for more details on IATs). Big Blue Bus riders can transfer to/from the Expo Line, by purchasing an IAT for just $0.50 ($0.25 for S/D/M).
Heading to the Game on Big Blue Bus
When heading to the game, you’ll need to begin your trip on Big Blue Bus, then transfer to Expo. Here’s how to transfer from Big Blue Bus to Expo:
- When boarding Big Blue Bus, ask the Operator for a "Metro Rail" transfer.
- Place $0.50 cash ($0.25 for S/D/M) into the farebox.
- You will receive a special TAP-enabled transfer.
- Tap the transfer on the validator/turnstile when you arrive at the Expo station.
- Disembark at the Expo Park/USC Station or Expo/Vermont Station to access the Coliseum.
TOTAL TRIP COST: $1.75 ($1.25 on Big Blue Bus + $0.50 transfer to Expo).
Heading Home on Expo
When heading home, you’ll need to begin your trip on Expo, then transfer to Big Blue Bus. Here’s how to transfer from Expo to Big Blue Bus:
- Exit the train and locate a nearby ticket vending machine (TVM) at the station.
TOTAL TRIP COST
IF PAYING WITH STORED VALUE
IF PAYING WITH CASH
- Purchase an "E-Transfer" for $0.50 ($0.25 forS/D/M) at the TVM.
- Purchase a "Metro-to-Muni" transfer for $0.50 ($0.25 forS/D/M) at the TVM.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to load the E-Transfer directly onto your TAP card.
- The TVM will dispense a paper transfer.
- When boarding Big Blue Bus, simply tap your card on the validator to use the transfer. You're all set!
- Present the paper transfer to a Big Blue Bus Operator when boarding. You're all set!
: $2.25 ($1.75 on Expo + $0.50 transfer to Big Blue Bus).
Note: IATs are valid for two (2) hours from the time of purchase, and can be used to board one (1) additional Metro Bus, Metro Rail, or most other regional bus lines. Riders must pay full fare when transferring from one Big Blue Bus to another Big Blue Bus.Plan Ahead
Planning ahead is an essential key to victory. Here's how to game-plan for your trip:
- Use Google Transit to plan your trip to/from the Coliseum on Big Blue Bus and Expo.
- Prior to the game, purchase a TAP card and load Stored Value (works similar to cash) online at taptogo.net, in-person at the Transit Store, or other authorized locations.
- Be sure to allow extra time for your trips. Nearly 90,000 fans are expected to attend each Rams home game, which means that buses and trains will be more crowded than usual.
- If you need additional help planning your trip, please call our Customer Service at (310) 451-5444.
See you on board Big Blue Bus for the next Rams home game!
Other Helpful Resources: