1. What is Blue at Night?
Blue at Night is a late night, shared, on-demand ride service, connecting you to the 26th Street/Bergamot, 17th Street/SMC, and Downtown Santa Monica E Line stations.
2. How do I request a ride from Blue at Night?
To request a ride on Lyft, open the app during service hours (Friday - Saturday, 8pm - 3am). Tap your photo in the top left and enter promo code SAMOBLUE3. Next, under the Economy tab
select Shared as your ride type, enter your pickup and drop-off locations, confirm
the number of passengers for the Shared ride (limit 2), and then tap Select
3. What is the designated service area?
See our Service Area Map.
4. How much does it cost?
EachShared Lyft one-way trip (one origin and one destination) within the designated Santa Monica service area costs $3. All trips must begin or end at one of the three Santa Monica E Line stations (26th Street/Bergamot, 17th Street/SMC Station, or Downtown Santa Monica). You will be charged full fare for trips taken on any Lyft ride type
other than Shared. Supplemental charges may apply, such as $3 for each additional stop within the designated Santa Monica service area.
Rides on Lyft will be automatically charged to the default payment method specified on the app. Lyft accepts payment via credit, debit, or prepaid card, PayPal, Apple Pay, or Android Pay.
5. What type of credit cards do you accept?
Lyft accepts all major credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. Additionally, Lyft accepts debit and prepaid cards, as well as PayPal, Apple Pay, and Android Pay.
6. Do I need to tip the driver?
Tipping is not necessary.
7. Do I have to share the ride with any other passengers?
At any time during your Shared ride, you may be paired with up to three (3) passengers; you will receive a message when paired with a new passenger(s). Your Lyft driver may detour to pickup and drop-off other passengers; the order in which passengers are dropped off can vary with every ride. You can request a Shared ride with one (1) companion at an additional cost.
8. How long will the Lyft driver wait for me?
Drivers will wait no longer than one (1) minute after arriving to your pickup location, and you may be charged a $5 cancellation fee for failing to meet the driver on time.
9. What is the time of your last pickup?
The last pickup will be at 2:45am.
12. I am traveling with children; do I need to provide a car seat or booster seat?
Lyft abides by California law, which states children under the age of eight (8) must be secured in a car seat or booster seat in the back seat. Lyft vehicles are NOT equipped with a car seat or booster seat and you must bring your own. Children who are eight (8) years of age, or have reached 4' 9" in height, must be secured by a safety belt in the back seat.
13. Can I bring a pet on board a Lyft vehicle?
No. However, drivers are required by law to transport service animals.
14. Why must all trips begin or end at one of the three Santa Monica E Line stations?
Blue at Night was designed to provide late-night, first-last mile connections to the E Line for Santa Monica residents, visitors, and workers.
15. How do I contact the driver?
You can contact your Lyft driver directly, by placing a call or sending a text message through the app.
16. Can I make a reservation for a vehicle in advance?
Rides on Lyft can be scheduled up to 7 days in advance. Please note that scheduled rides can be canceled at any time, but you will be charged a $10 cancellation fee, should you cancel within 30-minutes of a driver's scheduled arrival.
17. Can I establish a recurring reservation for a vehicle?
Not at this time.
18. Do drivers assist with luggage?
Yes. However, they will only assist with small luggage.
19. Does Blue at Night offer door-to-door service?
No. Lyft drivers only offer curb-to-curb service.
20. I was not happy with the service, how do I file a report?
For Lyft, you can anonymously rate your driver through the app, based on their navigation, safety, cleanliness, and friendliness. Should you need to file a report with Lyft Customer Care, please dial 855-865-9553.
21. Is there a limit on the number of Blue at Night trips I can take on Lyft?
You can take up to twenty (20) eligible Blue at Night trips on Lyft per month during service hours.